Monday, September 6, 2010

My Opinion On Chris Brown



While on twitter this morning, i was talking to one of my followers and we started to talk about Chris Brown. We were talking about him doing thhe dougie dance and how he made the dance look better than the original. Let this be known that i HATE the song but when i saw him do it, i started to like the dance (a little bit). After, i told her that i didn't like Chris at a certain time. What did she say in a reply? "Shame on  you!" I didn't want to lie and say that i loved him since his first album, but i haven't.

When Chris first came out, i thought he was really annoying and that his voice was incredibly high for being 16. I remember telling my friend that he is not attractive at all. I think my friend wanted to beat my ass for saying that. She said, "Leah, are you crazy? He's one of the cutest boys on the scene! You have the worst taste in men." She's right, i do have the worse taste in men, but that's for another post. I didn't listen and i just didn't like at all. Around 2005, the radio station kept playing his music all the time. Everywhere you turned, they were playing his music! The Run It! video came on at least 10 times in one day, i remember and i changed the channel in frustration.

Fast forward to 2008, to the EBT awards and he is performing with Ciara, who was at the time, popular. I'm thinking to myself, "This kid is going to do some typical dancing, maybe i'll watch a couple of minutes." While watching the performance, i had a complete epiphany. I thought to myself, "He's amazing. What the hell was i thinking talking about this boy is not talented? How old is he?" The way his body did all those moves with out his body breaking, he's extremely flexible. The performance was classy and Ciara added to the amazement. I fell for his music ever since. There is a song that i heard after the performance called "Froze" and cried that the first time that i heard it. It was so emotional and moving, just totally related to the song! At the time, a guy that i was in love with just rejected me over another girl.

Chris Brown & Ciara With You/ Take You Down

Chris Brown - Froze
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkgfvZbxAx4

Now, in 2010, i am very confident to say that i LOVE Chris Brown. He's one of the most talented people in the music business right now! He even has somebody copying his moves ( HOW U DOIN, Jason Derulo). He can sing, dance, act and he's attractive. Not many people can pull all that off. I wish him many years of success and he deserves a grammy for something! Crawl should get him his first grammy. Songs like that don't just come long that often. I want to see him do more movies, get a grammy, and work hard on that next album. I love you, Chris Brown, even though, you'll never see this!!!!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment